Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thoughts become things

I was initially going to entitle this post "Be careful what you wish for", or "As ye thinketh", or such crap like that, but after some thought (at least a second or two) I wanted to label this with the most powerful and simplest statement that I could. Thoughts become things.

Really. There is no denying this. Try as you might, you must come to the conclusion that your thoughts do materialize. Maybe not all of them, maybe not in the sequence that you may like, but they materialize. Just as any and all objects, or things, in this world were once just a thought in someone's mind. Think about that. Just a thought. Everything!

Once you have decided that you're in, that you totally agree without any reservation that thoughts do turn into material things, you can begin to have some control over the events that shape your life.

Although I have understood this principle for many years, it has hidden from my conscious mind and remained hidden for some time. Not to say that I haven't been using this universal law the entire time, it's just that I haven't consciously tried to control my dominant thoughts that dictate my destiny.

Now is the time, and now is your time. Visualize every day. Take 5 minutes, just 5 minutes, twice a day and visualize where you want to be or who you want to become. Don't worry about the 'how', just visualize it as if it already were. For instance, I want to be a professional speaker, so my visualization puts me well dressed, on a large stage, speaking with passion while looking out on hundreds and hundreds of people in the audience. I feel their attentiveness, I feel their warmth, I feel them being touched by the message I am so passionately delivering.

There. That's it. Now go on with your day and feel relieved that your life will unfold as you are planning it to. Leave the details to the universe, just take action. One warning - be careful what you wish for! Remember, just because you haven't always gotten what you've wanted doesn't mean you didn't get what you were thinking about...

on the road to self discovery ...

No comments:

Post a Comment