Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Unemployed

How depressing is this grind? I have spent the last 2 days calling, sending emails, sending my resume, and taking breaks so I won't go out of my mind. I keep thinking, 'damn, I'm unemployed!'. It certainly doesn't help to dwell on that so I take little breaks for a Harley ride (hey, it's great weather) or a good cigar (I won't be buying any more of those), or to call MaryAnn. She's having her own tough time at work, but she's doing really well and she's better than she gives herself credit for. I have several contacts that I'll be seeing in the next few days, so it at least feels better to be getting out with a purpose.

I have also been contacting anyone I know who can help connect me with someone who can get me into the presenting/speaking career that I want. There's numerous problems here - compensation will be the worst (I was paid very well running dealerships), and undoubtedly I'll be facing some travel (although I don't know that yet). Regardless, I will interview with ANYBODY and consider anything right now. We shall see...

Ok, gotta go. Tonight is dance class with MaryAnn. I actually enjoy it, although I need to be committed to putting more work into it. The Escape Velocity theory again. I'll explain that theory in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment